Friday, April 09, 2010
white line experiment day 2
Today I started at 11:00 am. and finished at 12:30 pm. so I cut my time in half today. Since the ares in this block are large and there is no way to cover them and print before the watercolor dries this time I decided to paint the whole block then mist and print. over all I am pleased with the print the one thing i don't like about it are the variations in the blue of the horses body and ear. this was caused by not mixing enough paint to cover the whole area and also using too small of a brush. in the darker areas the paint was a much thicker consistency going down than the other ares on the body. painting the whole area and letting it dry then using a fine mist to reconstitute the watercolor worked great i also gave the paper i light mist just in case. I repeated this to get the coverage you see in the final print.