Friday, November 05, 2021

Waterless paper lithography

 Paper waterless lithography first pic is the print digitally flipped the second pic is the plate. This is my first attempt/experiment. The blue is cotman watercolor it was old and dried up I might have made it too thin. I coated cardboard with one coat of shellac but that probably wasn’t enough or I was too vigorous trying to washout the water media and the paper was exposed in places.  I only printed one (van son rubber based ink ) and didn’t clean the plate then waited a week and printed another I’ll post it later if anyone is interested. But some of the tones printed darker the second time especially on the dog open areas. The dog was mostly made with Neocolor II crayons wash with water. Mostly a fail but I will keep trying. I’m thinking in the end this process might be better suited to more graphic high contrast images which is still cool but I will try some more tonal experiments.


Waterless lithography paper plate

No comments: