Friday, November 05, 2021

Waterless lithography on paper plate



 This is the other paper plate I did that day I coated this one with two layers of shellac I still had paper come through so I probably scrubbed too hard trying to remove image especially with the Omni chrome.  good news is cheap dollar store prang paint washed out easily and printed strong. The coolest tonal “washes” came by laying down omnichrome then brushing denatured alcohol on top which partly dissolved the shellac but I don’t know how long it would hold up as I only printed two same as the other example. Though the second print a week later looks pretty much the same. The watercolor with the dip pen also had paper come through at rinse out so I probably scraped through the shellac with the dip pen. I like the blue watercolor spray it was easy to washout and printed nice. The omnichrome seems waxy or oily so it didn’t wash out easily.

No comments: